Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'M FINALLY HERE!!

So today was my first day in DC...it was insane! My flight left super early this morning and I had to take a sweet cab ride to get the house...which is so cool! Its really old, which is fine with me, and is broken down into 4 quads. The boys live downstairs, and the girls are all up on the second and third floors...we each have a living room, a kitchen, and a bathroom for each group of 4...I'm sure I'll have pictures up soon!

Day 1 consisted of lunch at Union Station (which is only like, 5 minutes away from our house)...then we had dinner at this really good restuarant in China Town...oh ps, I LOVE the metro...best thing ever-its so much fun!

So to add on from the first post-a group of us interns just got back from a longgggg hike to the washington memorial (yes, i know its late...) Anyway, it was the first time I'd seen the memorials all lit up and it was amazing...and of course, I left my camera back at the house...I know, right? I also destroyed my feet in the shoes I was wearing...(we werent planning on walking 3 miles this evening, so I did not plan accordingly)...I def. learned my lesson!

But yeah, today was really fun...so far, so good!! Miss you all!

3 comments:

Angelica said...

Congrats! You will change your mind on the Metro, it's a necessary evil.

Anonymous said...

ahh I'm so excited for you that you're in DC! I will be checking regularly for updates... hope everything continues to go marvelous, so awesome that you get to be in DC during all this election stuff! anyway, you should post pics when you get a chance. miss you!

DC Discombobulated said...

Welcome to DC. I escaped from the STL a long long time ago and absolutely love it here.