Sunday, February 3, 2008

The First Weekend...

Well, my first weekend in DC has come to an end, and I have to say it was so much fun! Yesterday the group of us went to the zoo, which ended up being really cool...it was so nice outside too! I think my favorite part was the pandas...and again, got to ride the metro there (still love it...)



Today was pretty cool...some of us wanted to find our internship locations (myself included) so we took a walk around Capitol Hill...I got to see the Supreme Court for the first time and it was amazing! I can't believe how huge it is! The view of the Capitol building was awesome too...After that stop we found the RNC and ran into this really cute vintage store called "Remix" (adorable!)






So tonight was the superbowl and I just wanted to say that I am SO GLAD the Giants WON! YAY! Most of the house was pumped for the victory (a few Patriots fans were a little disappointed however)...but all in all, it was a great weekend! I start my internship tomorrow-so wish me luck!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your internship! Love, Karen and Elizabeth (well actually Elizabeth, but I'm sure Karen wants you to have a good day tomorrow)

Anonymous said...

i thought i'd second what elizabeth said i said.... GOOD LUCK!!!!!!! you're going to amazing, have a good time!!

Anonymous said...

so sorry it has taken me a little while to catch up with your blog. you would have a blog. i like to think that you saw some frumpy vintage outfits and thought of me at that store you were describing. i'm glad you're havin fun!! be safe! love you!