Sunday, March 9, 2008

Adventures in the rain...



So this weekend my friend from Creighton, Elizabeth, came to visit! It was so great to see someone from 'home' and hang out around DC...although the weather was less than pleasant. Unfortunatley, it poured the entire day on Friday...but that didn't stop us! We went on a tour of the Supreme Court (which was AMAZING)...the courtroom was gorgeous and Chelsey (my roommate who gives tours and the Supreme Court) took us back to some of the conference rooms to see those too.

After the Supreme Court we made the hike to the Washington Monument in the downpour (Elizabeth had never been to DC before so I was thinking up there we could see everything)...we went to the top to attempt to get some good views...but since it was raining so hard, we really couldn't see much. We deicded to go back home and hang out until the event for the evening was figured out. We ended up going to this place called Hawk 'n Dove, which is a local bar/restuarant that is very popular with interns in DC. We hung out and danced until 2 in the morning...it was great!




Saturday was nicer thankfully...after much deliberation we decided to go visit the White House (this time, we were on the outside looking in) and then go to Georgetown to do some shopping. The White House will never get old to me I'm pretty sure...this might sound strange, but I can't get over how small it seems...when we toured the West Wing it was itty bitty compared to what I thought it would be! But it is still such an amazing place. I want to live there some day :)

Georgetown was fun too...we all were pretty tired though so we didn't stay for very long. Stopped into H&M...no luck haha but that also meant no money was spent either, so I guess I benefitted in the end. We ended up having a pretty chill evening-a lot of the house had to get up super early so we ended up just hanging out.

Today Elizabeth had to go back :( sad...she left really early in the morning to catch her flight. A few of my roommates and I decided to go check out the new Target in Columbia Heights...it was CRAZY...its the first Target to open in DC boundaries that is metro accessible so it was swamped. I got some new shorts and some groceries so it was successful! Tomorrow is back to work...but Tuesday I get to go to the White House (again!) and see the president...so look for a new post then!!!!




No comments: