Monday, April 7, 2008

Cait Comes to Visit!

This weekend, one of my best friends in the whole wide world came to visit me!!! Caitlin flew in Thursday night to a typical 510 C tornado of madness, which I tried to apologize profusely for...but is what has been and will be my life until May 11th! We called it a night b/c we were both pretty tired.

Friday we went to go see Arlington National Cemetery. It was pretty cold and kind of rainy when we started up, but it cleared up a lot when we got to the cemetery. Caitlin's grandmother is buried there, so we went and visited her, then saw some more sites and memorials that were there. We took a tour of Lee's home, which I didn't do the last time I was there, and I really enjoyed seeing it. The history there is fascinating...the original structure has survived so much, and although they are doing a renovation on it now, they are trying to keep a lot of the original material in tact. After that, we went back and chilled for the night...caught up on some movies...I recommend Enchanted if you haven't seen it-it was adorable!


Saturday was so fun! We decided to walk around the monuments and see everything, which was a good decision b/c it ended up being a BEAUTIFUL day (70 degrees, sunny...perfect!) My housemates and I had to introduce Caitlin to Tortilla Coast, a 510 C favorite. We had some good Mexican food, then went off on our journey! First stop was at the Capitol, then made the rounds around the Mall, saw the cherry blossoms and thought it was hilarious how many people were there-we couldn't even walk around the Tidal Basin. But it was so worth it to see everything! That night we saw Leatherheads, another good movie! It has Jim from the Office in it, so of course it was amazing...George Clooney wasn't bad either ;-)


Sunday we went to the most amazing church-the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception-on Catholic U's campus. We went to the noon mass which on the website was described as the "solemn mass with choir"...it was one of the prettiest masses I have been to in a long time! I really enjoyed going there...I think I'll have to go again before I leave! After mass, Cait and I went to Georgetown and ate lunch at Clyde's, which was a really good restaurant-very busy though. We shopped around for a bit, then headed back for some chill time and ended up watching LOTR until like, midnight.


I had a GREAT time this weekend-I miss Cait a lot so it was fun to see her, especially up here in DC! It was a good reminder of how much fun the summer is going to be...I hope I get to see her again in July for the big 2-1! But yeah, it was a fun weekend!!!

No comments: