Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy New Year!

Let me start off by saying that however windy Omaha ever gets, today's wind in DC tops it all...it was RIDICULOUS...but it didnt stop us from going out and doing something fun! Today was the Chinese New Year celebration, so we went to Chinatown to check it out. On our way we stopped at the Sackler Smithsonian museum to see an exhibit from Georgia (the country, not the state)...some of the boys in the house work for the Smithsonian and analyze surveys, so we went and filled some out to help them do their job!!!! It was really interesting too...I'm glad we went!

After the museum experience, we walked through the frigid cold and wind gusts of 40mph to get to Chinatown (with a stop at Starbucks along the way)...when we got there, the entire street was trying to keep everything from blowing away...oh, and there were like, 523903209832409 Obama supporters there passing out buttons and such, so of course everyone in my house had to get one (except me, of course!)...

The celebration was pretty cool...they had all these beautifully decorated dragons and then had this crazy ceremony where they shot off thousands of tiny fireworks on the ground, and the dragons danced around them trying to avoid getting hit...by this time we had decided to stop in a local chinese restaurant for lunch (which was hysterical...long story)...then took the packed metro back home!

It was a crazy day...now I'm just working on homework (ew) and getting ready for the upcoming week...back to work tomorrow (and back to getting up super early....) Keep commenting for me...I really miss home (both the STL and Omaha)...so keep me updated on whats going on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I got it!! We're so exited for you bean! Can't wait to see it all ourselves too-love,Mom

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

if you want people to read your blog, its important to update it regularly....no pressure. :D im glad you are having a rocking time in DC but me and the stl miss you!

ps. its your turn on scrabble :p