Friday, February 8, 2008

How Lucky am I? (or how big of a dork am I is the better question)

Yesterday was INSANE-but so much fun! On Fridays, we don't have work...instead we have a seminar run by the director of our program to disucss our internships and see how things are going. Then in the afternoon, he either brings in speakers or takes us somewhere...its pretty neat. Well yesterday all he had us do after class was watch a movie about DC, so needless to say we were done with that pretty quickly.

A group of us decided we wanted to go walk the mall and see all the monuments. We were out for about 5 hours...with a stop at the National Archives as well. We walked up to the base of the Capitol stairs (which I had never been to before so that was pretty cool)...then on to the Washington monument, the WW2 memorial and finally Lincoln. We also stopped by the Vietnam wall too...



It was a great day, a little chilly, and a LOT of walking. I'm pretty sure we walked over 5 miles...but totally worth it!


Thursday was just as interesting too...work has been so great, I love all the experience I'm getting. I even got to go to the Hyatt Regency to take notes at a meeting of the National Assosciation of Secretaries of State. So here I was this baby intern just hanging around with almost every Secretary of State in the US....it was crazy (but I had a blast!)








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh katie that sounds so cool! were you texting me from that meeting?!? haha thats awesome. i'm glad you're having fun :) miss you!!!